Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Winter Concert











Darrius had his Winter Concert last week and it was surprisingly good. The 4th, 5th, and 6th grade bands participated as well as the chorus. When we arrived at Franconia and took our seats, Alfred looked around and said, "The entire school is in band!" It seemed that way. Darrius' school is relatively small compared to most schools these days. Franconia Elementary only has around 500 students. I love the fact that the school is small. I don't have to worry about over-crowded classrooms or there not being enough classrooms so the school has to have trailors outside to compensate.


The 4th and 5th grade band played 3 songs. They started off a little rough but once they started the second song, they found their groove. They actually sounded better than the 6th grade band. I was shocked! The concert lasted almost an hour. It was great fun and I'm looking forward to the Spring concert.
















No comments: