Wednesday, January 21, 2009

2009 Goals update

We're 3 weeks into the new year and I figured I'll provide an update on how I'm doing with my 9 goals for 2009. I've started a couple of my goals. I've started training for a 5k race. I was gung-ho about running and was going to the gym on a consistent basis. This lasted for two weeks. And then it started getting cold...really cold. I've slacked off and I'm really disappointed in myself. I am slowly getting back on track and I am trying not to let the winter weather prevent me from doing what I need to do.

I have made a conscious effort to stop sweating the small stuff and to be more positive. It's not easy. When I've slipped, I've acknowledged that I shouldn't have let something get to me. So I think that's progress. Normally I would fuss and steam over it for at least 30 minutes, if not the rest of the day.

I just received "The Great Gatsby" in the mail this week. It's much thinner than I'd thought which means I'll probably end up reading a couple of great American novels. I'm planning on starting TGG later this week.

I've started 3 of my 9 goals which isn't bad. It's only January. I have 11 months to complete my list.

I'm looking forward to becoming a better Marquetta.

No comments: