Yesterday I spent some time on the internet looking for 5k races. I want to run a couple of 5k races before the Race for the Cure. I should be finished with my 10 week training by mid-March and would like to get a couple of 5ks under my belt. I found a great website www.runningintheusa.com. It lists all races - 5k, 10k, half marathons, marathons - by state. The list is not complete since we're only 7 days into the new year. There are a couple that caught my eye and I can't wait to sign up for them. One in particular is the Run Amuck race at Quantico Marine Base. It's a 4 mile off-road race where you navigate obstacles like hay bales, a tire challenge, and cargo nets. The race culminates with a 1.5 foot deep mud pit. It sounds fun and challenging and dirty.
Right now I'm really gung ho about this running thing. I know I'm only a couple of days into it and haven't done any real running as of yet. I hope the excitement never wears off because I'm excited and really looking forward to it.
No comments:
Post a Comment