Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Winter decides to make an appearance


Right now it's snowing. We haven't had any measurable amount of snow all winter. Personally, I was hoping that we wouldn't get any snow during month of January. I was so close! Four days shy. Oh well, can't win them all. We're supposed to get 1-3 inches. That's not much compared to some areas in the country but for the DMV, that's a lot. We (collective) do not know how to drive in the snow. We don't know how to drive in rain, sleet, drizzle, bright sunshine. So needless to say, the afternoon rush hour commute is going to be horrendous.

Right now the snow is looking nice and pretty. I''m looking at it from my office at work. The cars on the street below are already struggling. It's only been snowing for 40 minutes. And i t's not a heavy snow! Sheesh!

Tonight the snow is supposed to change over to sleet and freezing rain. Good times. That should be interesting. Hopefully school will be closed tomorrow so I can have a snow day at home. Keeping fingers crossed. :-)

No comments: