Yes, I've been M.I.A. and I'm sorry. The last couple of months have been roadblock after roadblock. I had pretty much given up on the 5k training until 2 weeks ago. I found PodrunnerIntervals. This discovery has re-energized my goal to run a 5k race. I started week 2 of the training yesterday. And I feel great. I wanted to be ready to run a 5k by June 6th but it doesn't appear that I'll be ready for it. That is two weeks away. So now I'm looking to find something in mid to late July. The Podrunner training is for 9 weeks. If I stay on track and don't get lazy or let life get in the way, I will be 5k ready by mid July. I can't wait! I am determined to stick to this. Another thing that has me motivated is that it's officially the "start of summer" and I am nowhere near the shape I want to be in. I'm ashamed to wear sleeveless tops because my arms are too fat and jiggly. My legs are awful - cellulite city. I need to get my ass motivated and hopefully the goal of running a 5k will do the trick. I know, I've said this before. But I really mean it this time. I promise to stick with it and I look forward to the day when I post about my first 5k.
It's on like Donkey Kong!
No comments:
Post a Comment