I have been out of the training loop for 2 weeks and boy did I feel it today! I didn't think that two weeks off would set me back so far but it did. Today was my first day back on the treadmill and the first 5 minutes were torture! My chest was tight, breathing was heavy. I thought I was going to pass out. My legs and shins were fine. It was the breathing part that was giving me problems. I think the breathing issue has to do with my current addiction to 5 hour energy. I really need to stop drinking those things. I'm at the point where I drink one everyday and that can't be good for me. And I did have a sip of one before heading to the gym. I know - not smart.
My plan to get back on track is to run everyday the rest of this week. It's the only way I figure I can get my breathing back up. And I plan on not drinking any 5 hour energy drinks. I promise.
The 5 miler is a little over a month away. Right now I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm giving myself til the end of August to determine if I'm going to walk the race or run it. If I can get to a solid 4 miles then I will improvise on the last mile.
I'm staying focused on my goal. I am determined to run the entire 5 miles by September 19th.
Keeping my eye on the prize.
No comments:
Post a Comment