Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I'm so not ready...

I've dreaded the day where I start realizing that Darrius is no longer "my baby".  I've been in super-denial ever since he turned 10 last year. Reality gave me a little smack in the face today.  Here's the story: For the last week or so, whenever the commercial for the movie Jennifer's Body appeared on TV, Darrius would say, "I want to see that movie."  I'd look at him strangely and ask why. It's a horror movie and it's rated R.  Darrius is not a fan of horror movies.  He won't even watch them in the daytime.  And he knows damn well he can't see an R-rated movie. So I found it strange that he expressed interest in seeing this one.  Over the next several days, the commercial would come on and he would say it again - he wanted to see that movie.  I didn't get it. Why is he so pressed to see Jennifer's Body??  This morning I finally figured it out.  I had a "duh" moment. He wants to see Jennifer's Body because Megan Fox is in the movie. He wants to see Megan Fox's body cause I seriously doubt he's interested in her acting skills (or lack thereof). This explains why he liked Transformers 2 so much. It had little to do with Optimus Prime and the Decepticons.  I'm sure he loved the action and the fight scenes between the Autobots and the Decepticons. But it was Ms. Fox that had caught his eye. I was happy that I finally figured out why he was so interested in that movie.  And then it started to sink in.  My son has a crush/the hots for Megan Fox?  She's so...sexy and sultry and grown up!  She has tattoos and wears skimpy clothing! What the hell?


This was the moment I've always dreaded.  I figured he would start having crushes on celebs.  All kids do. Heck, I did when I was his age. My bedroom walls were covered with pictures of Kirk Cameron, New Edition, Michael Jackon, Prince; if they were in Bop, Tiger Beat and Word Up magazine their pictures ended up on my wall.  But I thought he would crush on the nice Disney or Nickolodeon girls (Jamie Lynn Spears and Vaness Hudgens excluded) like Selena Gomez or the girl from iCarly. They look like nice wholesome girls unlike Mrs. Fox with her 9 tattoos and admitted drug use. And in her latest interview said she had "schizophrenic" tendencies. WTF! This explains why Darrius was flipping through an old magazine last night. He was looking for Megan Fox pictures!!   Now that the flashbulb has gone off and I put together all the pieces, I call hubby to tell him what I've discovered. He is not surprised to my astonishment. He starts chuckling and says, "I know. You didn't know that? Why do you think he's always watching Transformers?" Me: Ummm because he likes the robots and the action and fight scenes?
How could I have not known this? I'm a mother! Mothers know everything! (I tell Darrius this several times a week so that he knows whatever he does, I will find out).

He is too young to be crushing on someone who looks like this!
This is more appropriate.  No tats, hasn't posed half naked for a mens magazine (that we know of).
 *I couldn't find any black girls who are on Disney Channel or Nickelodeon. I don't think they exist*
I guess the next step is for Darrius to start buying magazines specifically for Megan Fox pictures and taping them to his wall.  Last school year he liked a couple of girls but the "like" didn't last long.  Boys are very fickle. One minute he liked a girl and a day later she was stupid and got on his nerves. I was barely able to handle that. I don't know what I'm going to do when he starts to really like girls. I think I'm going to have myself committed until after he's married. Ugh, I'm so not ready for this.
  
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

Natasha said...

Oh nooo! That's too funny! I can't imagine what it's going to be like when Samster becomes a big girl & doesn't need me for everything, I think I'll just die!

So to answer your question I'm a shameful scrapbooker. The worst part is I have the supplies, I'm don't ever get around to doing it. I guess it's just not my thing. Sam's scrapbook only has pages up until the day we brought her home! Everyday I see it on the coffee table and I feel so bad! But I guess not bad enough to actually do it!

I suggest putting your pics in a pretty scrapbook with blank pages but use corner stickers to put the pics in. It'll give it a professional look without too much effort.

Good luck! Thanks for stopping by my blog (: