Well, if you consider going to the gym two days in a row a "roll". I managed to dragg myself out of bed again this morning and made it to the gym by 4:30. My plan was to walk on the treadmill for an hour. According to my friend Courtenay (who's a former personal trainer), I should walk on the treadmill for an hour at least twice a week. Unfortunately, I didn't get the gym early enough to do the full hour. So instead, I walked for 45 mintutes, did a quick ab workout and stretched. It's only Tuesday; I'll get those 2 hours of walking in one day this week.
I like working out in the morning because it's done and I no longer have to think about it. But the one downside (although there's many - haha!) is that working out in the mornings wreaks havoc on my hair. I take a luke warm to almost cold shower to try and cool my body temperature. And most of the time it works. I'm no longer sweating and can get dressed without feeling yucky. But it seems my head has other ideas. By the time I'm ready to do my hair, it is soaked with sweat. I have a wet/dry flat iron so that helps cut down on the time. But that means I have to run the flat iron over my hair at least 3 times before it's dry. Now that I've decided to let my relaxer grow out, it takes even longer to do my hair. I may have to sport "wash-n-go" look even though it's winter time and I really shouldn't be going outside with wet/damp hair. Almost making me rethink the idea of growing out my relaxer. I just need to figure it out. If I have to rock a ponytail most of the time, then so be it.
No comments:
Post a Comment