Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New Year - Same Goal



Happy New Year everyone! What happened to 2009? I think I have whiplash the year went by so fast. My goal (not resolution) for 2009 was to run/jog in a 5k race. If you've been reading my blog (and infrequent postings), you know that I did not achieve that goal. But no worries. It's a new year and the same goal. 2010 will be THE year that I run in a 5k race. In addition to running a 5k, my new goal for 2010 is to run in 5 or 6 miler by Fall. Yep, I said it! Two running goals for 2010. And if I'm feeling pretty confident, maybe the Army 10-miler. *gasp!*

Today I was back in the gym after a 3 week break and it was brutal. Man, it's amazing how your body reverts back as if you've never worked out. This morning I grudgingly headed to the gym in the bitter cold. I'm just gonna to have to strengthen my resolve and get used to the morning workouts. Right now, the gym is packed in the evenings with all the New Year Resolutions I'm going to get in shape folks. They'll be gone by February if not sooner. Then I can go back to working out in the evenings.

I knew due to my hiatus, I couldn't start where I left off with The Chubby Jones running podcast. My last workout I was on week 4, not looking forward to starting week 5. So I decided to start with week 3. I remember week 3 being very do-able. Ha! Back when I was consistenly working out it was do-able. Today, it was torture. The 3 minutes runs killed me. Aargh! But it's okay. I'm just going to keep with it and before I know it, I'll be at week 5, cursing the treadmill and Chubby Jones. LOL!

Happy Running!

2 comments:

Mia said...

Haha, curse away girl - I'll be cursing myself too. I'm also in the process of making some new podcasts and I need to get back on the bandwagon. We can do it!

Marq said...

Yay! New podcasts! I can't wait.