Thursday, February 4, 2010

Conversation with Darrius #263

Today is my birthday. I wasn't expecting a present or anything. My birthday is at an awkward time. We just had Christmas and Valentine's Day is around the corner, so I don't ask for anything. I just make sure I have a really nice Christmas present to hold me over until Mother's Day. I get home from work and to my surprise, Alfred hands me a gift bag. Inside are lotions and bodywash from Bath & Body Works. As I'm going through and smelling the lotion, Darrius and I have an interesting conversation about my gift.

Me: Oohhh. Black amethyst. Smells good.
Darrius: Let me smell.
I hand the lotion to him so that he can get a whiff.
I pull out the shower gel and body spray.
Me: I see a theme here. Amethyst is my birthstone.
Darrius: Oh yeah! And you're black.
Me: (laughing) Thanks Darrius.
Darrius: You're welcome.
He pats me on the shoulder and walks away.


Conversation with Darrius will start appearing regularly on my blog because sometimes I can't believe what comes out of that child's mouth. You have to read it, to believe it.




No comments: